Updated: 12 April 2019
- ‘Denying disarmament’, Contemporary Security Policy, vol. 36, no. 2 (August 2015)
- ‘Prévenir le réarmement : les défis futurs du désarmement chimique et biologique’, Stratégique, n°108 (mai 2015), pp. 33–49.
- ‘Chemical weapons: 100 years of efforts in international law’, in Daniel Lagot (ed.), Droit international, guerre et paix (L’Harmattan: Paris, 2015), pp. 127–52.
- [in cooperation with Nisreen Al Hmoud, David Friedman, Dorte Hühnert, and Iris Hunger] ‘Biological and Chemical Weapons Verification Proposals for Transparency-enhancing and Confidence-building Measures’ (for the Middle East), APOME Policy Paper no. 34 (October 2014)
- ‘What’s he building in there?’, CBRNE World (August 2014)
- ‘Verifying the Prohibition on Chemical Weapons: The Relevance of OPCW Processes to the IAEA‘, in Emily B. Landau and Azriel Bermant (eds.), The Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime at a Crossroads, Memorandum No. 137, (Institute for National Security Studies: Tel Aviv, May 2014)
- Gustav Lindström (ed.), Enforcing non-proliferation: The European Union and the 2006 BTWC Review Conference, Chaillot Paper no. 93 (EU Insititute for Security Studies: Paris, November 2006):
- Chapter 1: ‘On the eve of the 6 th Review Conference of the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention’
- Chapter 2: ‘Verification of the BTWC: Seeking the impossible or impossible to seek? ‘
- Chapter 4: ‘The European Union and the 6th Review Conference’
- [With Elisabeth M. French] Article XI of the Chemical Weapons Convention: Between Irrelevance and Indispensability, Contemporary Security Policy, vol. 20, no. 1 (April 1999).
- Article X of the Chemical Weapons Convention: Some scenarios and thoughts, Paper prepared for the Regional Workshop on the Coordination of the Assistance under Article X of the Chemical Weapons Convention, organized by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, Sofia, Bulgaria, 28–30 September 1998 (SIPRI, Stockholm, October 1998).
- [with John Hart] Chemical and biological weapon developments and arms control, SIPRI Yearbook 1998: Armaments, Disarmament and International Security (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1998).
- [with Ian Anthony] Multilateral security-related export controls, SIPRI Yearbook 1998: Armaments, Disarmament and International Security (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1998).
- The destruction of old chemical munitions in Belgium, in Thomas Stock and Karlheinz Lohs (eds.), The Challenge of Old Chemical Munitions and Toxic Armament Wastes, SIPRI Chemical & Biological Warfare Studies No. 16 (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1997).
- The CWC Viewed as a Deproliferation Regime, Note prepared for the Regional Seminar on the Chemical Weapons Convention and Its National Implementation, organized by the Preparatory Commission (PrepCom) of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, Gozo Island, Malta, 12-14 June 1996 (Centrum voor Polemologie, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, June 1996)
- The Chemical Threat in Iraq’s Motives for the Kuwait Invasion, POLE-PAPERS, vol. 2, no. 1 (Centrum voor Polemologie, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 1995)
- Chemical-Weapons Deproliferation And the Chemical Weapons Convention, Revue Belge de Droit International (1993/1)