- ‘Denying disarmament’, Contemporary Security Policy, vol. 36, no. 2 (August 2015)
- ‘Prévenir le réarmement : les défis futurs du désarmement chimique et biologique’, Stratégique, n°108 (mai 2015), pp. 33–49.
- ‘Chemical weapons: 100 years of efforts in international law’, in Daniel Lagot (ed.), Droit international, guerre et paix (L’Harmattan: Paris, 2015), pp. 127–52.
- [in cooperation with Nisreen Al Hmoud, David Friedman, Dorte Hühnert, and Iris Hunger] ‘Biological and Chemical Weapons Verification Proposals for Transparency-enhancing and Confidence-building Measures’ (for the Middle East), APOME Policy Paper no. 34 (October 2014)
- ‘Verifying the Prohibition on Chemical Weapons: The Relevance of OPCW Processes to the IAEA‘, in Emily B. Landau and Azriel Bermant (eds.), The Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime at a Crossroads, Memorandum No. 137, (Institute for National Security Studies: Tel Aviv, May 2014)
- (with Ralf Trapp), Ridding Syria of Chemical Weapons: Next Steps, Arms Control Today, November 2013.
- ‘Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) Article XI and the future of the CWC’, in Oliver Meier (ed.), Technology Transfers and Non-Proliferation: Between control and cooperation (Routledge: London, 2013), pp. 176-203. (Chapter introduction)
- Gustav Lindström (ed.), Enforcing non-proliferation: The European Union and the 2006 BTWC Review Conference, Chaillot Paper no. 93 (EU Insititute for Security Studies: Paris, November 2006):
- Chapter 1: ‘On the eve of the 6 th Review Conference of the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention’
- Chapter 2: ‘Verification of the BTWC: Seeking the impossible or impossible to seek? ‘
- Chapter 4: ‘The European Union and the 6th Review Conference’
- International Norms Against Chemical And Biological Warfare: An Ambiguous Legacy, Journal of Conflict & Security Law, Vol. 8 No. 2 (2003).
- ‘The chemical and biological weapons threat’, in Gustav Lindström and Burkard Schmitt (eds.), Fighting proliferation — European perspectives, Chaillot Paper no. 66 (EU Insititute for Security Studies: Paris, December 2003).
- Challenges to Disarmament Regimes: The Case of the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention, Global Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2001 , Vol. 15, No. 4 (2001)
- [with Edvard Karlsson, Lena Melin, Erik Näslund and Lennart Thaning] Risk assessment of terrorism with chemical and biological weapons , SIPRI Yearbook 2000 (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2000).
- [With Elisabeth M. French] Article XI of the Chemical Weapons Convention: Between Irrelevance and Indispensability, Contemporary Security Policy, vol. 20m no. 1 (April 1999).
- The destruction of old chemical munitions in Belgium, in Thomas Stock and Karlheinz Lohs (eds.), The Challenge of Old Chemical Munitions and Toxic Armament Wastes, SIPRI Chemical & Biological Warfare Studies No. 16 (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1997).
- Chemical-Weapons Deproliferation And the Chemical Weapons Convention, Revue Belge de Droit International (1993/1)